We're not judgy by nature but it's the last day for entries guys - LAST DAY!!. Drop your entry form Happy Days, Lalors Gala or to Noeleen Dunphy before 7pm tonight to be in with your chance of winning 🙂
#belikebill #dontbelate ... See MoreSee Less
Phone Rita on 086 3657833 to book your place!!
Booking Essential for all Durrow Scarecrow Festival Workshops
1. Basket Weaving on Sat & Sun with #Gerardine Wisdom. Costs €15.00 and starts at 10am and this is a 4 Hour Workshop, with session per day (Saturday and Sunday)!
2. Our Ceramics Workshops with Seven Sisters will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday next and this one costs €15.00. These 1 hour workshops start at 7pm both evenings with only 1 workshop per day.
3. The ever popular Youth Theatre is on on Wednesday 2nd August with Sarah Gaughan. Lots of spaces allocated to this one and it will set you back just €5.00! Starts at 3pm and lasts about an hour.
4. Art Classes with Marie Moylan take place on Friday 4th and Bank Holiday Monday the 7th. Only 12 spaces available on these workshops and they cost €12 per person. Fridays workshop starts at 7pm and Mondays workshop starts at 1pm.
5. We have 2 Herb and Vegetable Discovery Trails this year, run by Dunmore Country School. First on is Sat 5th Aug and the second one is on Sunday the 6th. Costs €5.00 per person and kicks off at 10.30am both mornings. Max number of spaces is 10 per trail.
So, for the Art Classes and the Discovery Trail there are limited spaces allowed – get ringing on 086 3657833 and tell Rita what you need ... See MoreSee Less
Its the final day for your scarecrow creations to be up and ready for judging. If you don't have your entry form in, your creation can not be included in the judging process. Please leave your scarecrow applications in to Happy Days Creche, Lalors Gala or to Noeleen Dunphy before 7pm tonight We are busting with excitement! ... See MoreSee Less
Meet Clíodhna, Queen of the Banshees of the Tuatha Dé Danann. This is our entry in the Durrow Scarecrow Festival, 2017. Our inspiration came from a night of brainstorming when we realised we sounded like banshees ourselves! Clíodhna was reputed to be the goddess of love & beauty. She had three colourful birds who ate apples from an otherworldly tree. She's a bit of a "mixed media medley", incorporating fabrics as well as yarn. Everything here is handmade by us (except Clíodhna's face & hands). We did do her makeup though! 👄 💄 If you're around the area from Sunday, July 30th to August 7th, have a look. Mountmellick is well represented with a fabulous entry by our very own Brian and Liam Lynch as well.
Awwww... but also Yayyyy... Ladies Night is SOLD OUT! ... See MoreSee Less
The Scarecrow Circus has arrived #DurrowLaoisIreland #DurrowScarecrowFestival #Durrow #Laois #PromotingLaois #Laoisisahiddengem #IrelandsAncientEast #IrelandsAncientEastLaois ... See MoreSee Less
And the WINNERS OF THE FAIRY DOOR WORKSHOPS are ....
Mags Daly, Audrey Murphy, Aidan Newcombe!
Will message you guys direct with the deets 🙂 ... See MoreSee Less
Durrow Scarecrow Festival shared Spink Comhaltas's video.
We will have some very talented young local musicians from #SpinkComhaltas between 6 and 7 next Tuesday evening. Drop into the Durrow Scarecrow Festival Village! ... See MoreSee Less
While Michael Flatley couldn't make it to Durrow Scarecrow Festival we were fortunate that Clown Jeca could. Here he is showing his moves with some of the members of Fiúntas providing the music.
If you like #homebaking, if you like butter on your bread - if you like plain old butter, or just eating #homemade stuff in general, then this is the one is for you!
Suzanne Carter will be in the #ScarecrowVillage from 2pm on Wednesday 2nd August where she will be demo'ing how to make your own butter, using traditional means. Well worth a visit, foodies 🙂
Durrow Scarecrow Festival Durrow Laois Ireland #foodgloriousfood #oldiebutagoodie ... See MoreSee Less